- What is Gregor’s job situation?
- What is Gregor’s initial reaction to his metamorphosis into an insect?
- Are any details provided of the setting outside of the Samsas’ apartment?
- What kinds of changes do Gregor and his family undergo in this section in response to his metamorphosis?
- What is the significance of Gregor’s relationship with and dream for his sister Grete? Is this dream in conflict with other demands upon Gregor?
- Why does Gregor change his mind about having the furniture removed from his room so that he can move freely about?
- hWat does the after-dinner scene in the third paragraph reveal about the family’s relationship with and attitude toward Gregor?
- What does Gregor’s father’s uniform symbolize?
- Is there a connection between Gregor’s eating problems and Grete’s violin playing?
- What causes Gregor’s death, and how does his family react to that event?
- On what sort of note does the story end? and What, ultimately, is the meaning of Gregor’s metamorphosis?